Running on Windows or Linux, the server is at the heart of all Promptar solutions.
Promptar server orchestrates phone system activity, external application data and user interaction. A high-performance, asynchronous engine, ensures optimal throughput and minimal delays in event processing, call control, data manipulation and end user notification.
- Users and Groups.
- Data Items.
- Rules and Templates.
- The server requires one phone system connector and one session connector.
- One or more application connectors should be used, for full featured operation.
- Connectors run locally or remotely, accessed over the network.
Users and Extensions
- Users are mapped to Extensions.
- Users are also associated to Groups.
- Users and Groups can hold custom information elements.
- Sessions track calls to/from user extensions and trigger rules.
- Data items are the basic units of information handled by the server.
- Sourced internally and from connectors.
- Comprise information about Users and Groups, like name or ID, Sessions, like language preference, Calls, like caller IDs, and more.
- Data items also include any application fields or custom phone system information obtained from the associated connectors.
Rules and Templates
- Rules define conditions from any combination of data items.
- When verified, the templates linked to a given rule are activated.
- Templates combine and filter data items into template fields.
- Those can have associated actions, manual or auto-triggered.
- Actions cover opening URLs or running external programs, which themselves can make use of data items.